Since I last staggered though an airport earlier today, here’s what went down :
1) Baron Davis to the Warriors, Speedy Claxton and Dale Davis to the Hornets.
New Orleans successfully clears a ton of cap room ; Golden State has an All-Star guard (alibet one who is injured) to pair with Jason Richardson. Let this be a lesson to those superstars who don’t impress Byron Scott with their rehab efforts — piss him off and you’ll be shipped to a team slightly less sucky.
2) Gary Payton, Tom Gugliotta and Michael Stewart to Atlanta, Antoine Walker (above) returns to Boston.
‘Toine and Danny Ainge bury the hatchet and Boston essentially keeps Raef LaFrentz for nothing. Gary Payton, longing for a trade to a western contender…might not report to Atlanta?
3) the much traveled Keith Van Horn to Dallas, Alan Henderson, Calvin Booth and a bag of money to Milwaukee.
The Bucks escape from Van Horn’s remaining $15.7 million, which can now be aimed at re-signing Michael Redd. Dallas, for their part, can now give the public the Van Horn/Shawn Bradley tandem they’ve been gagging for all these years.
4) Maurice Taylor to New York, Vin Baker and Moochie Norris to Houston.
Because what’s another $28 million over the next 3 years on an unspectacular forward like Taylor? Why not see if the Knicks can miss the playoffs and have a $200 million payroll in the same season?
5) Malik Rose (above) and two first-round picks to New York, Nazr Mohammed and Jamison Brewer to San Antonio.
Isiah Thomas wants to stockpile future draft picks so badly, he’s willing to assume the remaining four years and $27 million of Rose’s salary in order to obtain two first rounders…from a likely title contender.